An Australian woman flying from Melbourne to Los Angeles International Airport on a United Airlines flight could face 21 years in federal prison after she assaulted a flight attendant.
The 24-year-old woman, Adau Akui Atem Mornyang, has been found guilty of the Jan. 21 incident. “The jury found Mornyang guilty of a felony charge of interference with a flight crew and a misdemeanor assault count,” a press release from the United States Department of Justice read.
The travel website The Points Guy released a ranking of the 15 worst airports in the U.S.
To determine each airports’ ranking, data from the airports themselves were used, data from the Department of Transportation, and third parties. They were rated on factors such as accessibility, dinner and shopping options, and departing and arrival times.
Here’s a look at the ranking
15. Boston Logan International Airport
14. Denver International Airport
13. Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
12. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
11. Detroit Metropolitan Airport
10. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
9. San Francisco International Airport
8. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
7. Orlando International Airport
6. Chicago O’Hare International Airport
5. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
I called Los Angeles home for six years and now, as I bid goodbye, I sift through memories that feel incompatible, discordant.
There was the endlessness of the city, horizons of concrete, as you fly into LAX. New skyscrapers rising over downtown. Dolphins leaping in the surf off Malibu. Hustlers and dreamers and visionaries inventing things, making movies, mega-mansions, plans for Mars…KeepRead On The Guardian
A stinky situation aboard an Alaska Airlines flight forced the plane to make an uncheduled landing on Sunday.
The plane, which was headed from San Francisco to New Orleans, was forced to divert to LAX when a “strong odor was detected onboard during the flight in the aft cabin,” a representative for Alaska Airlines told Fox News.