The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park is home to many legends – perhaps none more famous than Stephen King’s stay in Room 217. But paranormal activity abounds at the historic hotel.
Address: 333 E Wonderview Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517
Phone: (970) 577-4000
- 3-star hotel
- Opened in 1909
- Five miles from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park
- 2 fine-dining restaurants, cafe and whiskey bar.
- Spa treatments
- Guided tours which feature the history and alleged paranormal activity of the site.
- The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado, was Stephen King’s real-life inspiration for The Shining.
- Room 217 at The Stanley Hotel has been described by guests to be a hotbed of paranormal activity.
- Guests have described personal items being moved, lights turning on and off, Sounds of children’s laughter and footsteps in the hallway.
- Resident psychic and a professional paranormal investigator on staff
- Offers 5-hour ghost hunt at the hotel $50
“A Houston man who was visiting Estes Park’s Stanley Hotel recently captured a ghostly image when he tried to take a panoramic photo of the stairwell and lobby. Henry Yau says he doesn’t remember anyone standing in the grand stairwell when he took the photo. He didn’t notice the figure seemingly standing in the middle until the next morning.” – 9News