- Sex among cruise-ship workers is pervasive, current and former cruise-ship employees told Business Insider.
- Some compared the hookup culture as being similar to, or even exceeding, that of a college dorm.
- But the permissive sexual culture on cruise ships can also lead to aggressive or inappropriate behavior.
- Romantic relationships among employees develop and end much faster than on land, which, along with frequent turnover, can make long-term relationships difficult.
- Do you work in the cruise industry? Do you have an opinion about how your company or the industry as a whole has handled the coronavirus? Email this reporter at email@example.com.