A woman plummeted 1,000 feet to her death after slipping off the edge of a cliff while hiking on a mountain in Italy.
“The news that arrived this evening of the tragic death of the young Maria Cristina Masocco, which took place in the afternoon in the mountains, strikes us in a truly profound way,” lamented Viviana Fusaro, the mayor of Feltre, Belluno, located in the region of Veneto, where the accident took place.
The disaster occurred around 4 p.m. on Sunday while Masocco, who lived in Feltre, was hiking with three friends in the Dolomites, the highest peak in which measures nearly 11,000 feet tall, Newsflash reported.
- An unidentified woman climbed the historical Chichén Itzá pyramid in Mexico and danced on the steps.
- She was escorted down and booed by people who threw water over her when she reached the bottom.
- Clips of the incident have gone viral on Twitter and TikTok, accusing her of being disrespectful.
Logran bajar a Mujer que se subió a la Piramide en Chichen-Itza obstruyendo la ley, es detenida y la abuchean😱. pic.twitter.com/g0Cxoc9Q9V
— Fernando Salvador (@ferchavagil) November 21, 2022
Flavor Flav is not feeling the vibes at Spirit Airlines. He’s definitely about to break out a sweet rendition of 9-1-1’s a joke. Flav is straight up not having a good time after narrowly missing a flight in Las Vegas.
A passenger on the Tanzanian Precision Air flight PW494 that crashed into Lake Victoria, killing 19 people, recalls how she survived with the help of the crew and locals.
Shocking video captured a woman going on a rampage at Mexico City International Airport – throwing items at the check-in counter and attacking an airline employee.
The unhinged traveler is seen shouting, tossing items and jumping on a counter after she arrived for a flight on Tuesday, Fox News reported. An Emirates agent reportedly denied her boarding when she showed up late and presented an expired passport.
A passenger plane crashed into Lake Victoria in Tanzania on Sunday (November 6) while attempting to land in stormy weather at an airport in the lakeside city of Bukoba, the state broadcaster said.
Fifteen people have been rescued so far but it was not known how many passengers were on board the Precision Air flight or whether there were any fatalities, Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation (TBC) reported. The aircraft, which had departed from the commercial capital Dar es Salaam, “fell in Lake Victoria this morning due to storms and heavy rains”, TBC reported.
Video footage and images that circulated on social media showed the plane almost fully submerged, with only its green and brown-coloured tail visible above the water line of Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest lake. The Sun newspaper brings you the latest breaking news videos and explainers from the UK and around the world
WATSONVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Two small planes collided in Northern California while trying to land at a local airport Thursday and at least two of the three occupants were killed, officials said.
The planes crashed at Watsonville Municipal Airport shortly before 3 p.m., according to a tweet from the city of Watsonville. The city-owned airport does not have a control tower to direct aircraft landing and taking off.
A 10-year-old boy on vacation with his family in the Florida Keys was attacked by a shark over the weekend while snorkeling at Looe Key, state wildlife police confirmed Monday.
Jameson Reeder Jr. on Saturday was airlifted by helicopter to a Miami-Dade hospital, where doctors amputated his leg just below the knee “to save his life as it was not operable from the damage the shark had caused,” his uncle Joshua Reeder posted on Facebook.
“They said the shark made the decision for him,” Reeder posted on his Facebook page on Sunday. “But his life was spared. Thank you, Yeshua/Jesus!!”
The family believes an eight-foot bull shark bit the boy’s leg. As he screamed for help, Jameson clung to a pool noodle and his father drove the boat over to rescue him, the post said.
Recent shark bites in the Keys
▪ On June 29, a 35-year-old Texas woman was attacked by a shark while in the water with her family on the Gulf side near Sawyer Key in the Lower Keys. The shark left a large wound on her leg.
▪ A man was left with an eight-inch laceration on his lower leg from a shark bite on April 17 while at a popular sandbar in the Upper Keys.
▪ In mid-July, another vacationer was bitten on his pinky finger by a shark while trying to remove a hook from its mouth during a fishing trip with his family. Authorities, however, did not consider this an attack.
▪ Brett Reeder, of Parrish in Manatee County, was airlifted to a Miami-Dade hospital for the injury, which happened near Content Keys, a group of mangrove-covered islands north of Big Torch Key in the Lower Keys.