- Russian climber Alexander Gukov was rescued from Latok Peak in the northern Karakoram range in Pakistan.
- Gukov was stuck at a height of 6,300m (20,670ft) for 6 days.
- His climbing partner Sergey Glazunov fell to his death on the decent down the mountain.
- He spent the last 3 days without food.
- Bad weather prevented previous rescue attempts.
- Gukov did not have any severe frostbite but was incredibly weak
Aeromexico said there were 97 passengers and four crew members aboard Flight 2431 in Northern Mexico that crashed just after takeoff on Tuesday.
Gov. José R. Aispuro announced on Twitter that no one had been killed but it was not yet clear whether or not there were any injuries.
The flight had taken off at 3:08 p.m. local time at the Durango Airport and was scheduled to land in Mexico City at 4:38.
March 8, 2014, Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 departs from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board a Boeing 777 headed to Beijing. The people on board would never land at their destination.
After a four year investigation and a 495 page report, The Safety Investigation Team can conclude that someone did in-fact manipulate the controls to veer off coarse but did not determine who is responsible.
A full investigation report is being provided to the victim’s next of kin.
Investigators were trying to understand why the plane veered so off course before making it’s decent into the ocean.
A Few Notes
- Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah had flown a “similar route” to the one that night from a flight simulator at his house.
- Police concluded that there was no suspicious activity on the simulator.
- Investigators were satisfies with the background, training, and mental health of the pilots.
- Investigators are not of the opinion that the crime involved the two pilots, although you cannot discount it.
- All passengers passed inspection and background checks.
- It is evident that inside the plane, someone was in control.
- Pilots, crew and passengers were all unconscious at the point of impact.
- “We cannot exclude that there was an unlawful interference by a third party,” Kok Soo Chon, head of the MH370 safety investigation team
- “The answer can only be conclusive if the wreckage is found,” said Kok
Plano, Texas is home to the historic 168,000-gallon saltwater pool that just so happens to be shaped like Texas.
It has a diving board, 2 water slides, an island with a shallow
“South Texas” wading area, and has water and beach volleyball.
- The Texas Pool opened to the public in 1961
- Open Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday noon-6 p.m.
- $200 annual membership for families, $100 for individuals. 20 percent discount for families with military, fire or police personnel. $20 for one-day family tourist pass, $50 for three-day family tourist pass.
901 Springbrook Drive, Plano, Texas 75075
The tornado, which was classified as an EF-0, started as a waterspout and made landfall, to the astonishment of onlookers in Myrtle Beach.
No injuries or damages were reported although some chairs and umbrellas were thrown.
Firefighters are struggling to contain fires that are pushing south toward rural communities.
Low humidity, high temps and light winds have led to 12,525 acres being burned south of Highway 140 west of the park.
Marriott has signed a deal with luxury hospitality firm Flag Luxury Group to bring the Ritz-Carlton brand to New York City’s NoMad neighborhood.
The deal, which is said to be worth in excess of $500 million big ones, is expected to develop the property at Broadway and 28th street and be designed by award-winning architect Rafael Vinoly.
Book now for NYC hop on hop off bus tours.
The ABBA-inspired sequel to Mamma Mia! is filling cinemas around the world. But the film’s location—the small Croatian island of Vis—should now also expect to attract high numbers of visitors. The inevitable increase in inbound tourists visiting the film’s coastal backdrop will become the latest example of film-induced tourism—a phenomenon which describes the way people flock to visit film and television locations…..Continue Reading On QUARTZY
J.K. Place Roma
Via di Monte d’Oro, 30, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Phone: +39 06 982634
Le Bristol Paris
Address: 112 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, 75008 Paris, France
Phone: +33 1 53 43 43 00
Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
Address: 31 Avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France
Phone: +33 1 49 52 70 00
Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Address: 251 Rue Saint Honoré, 75001 Paris, France
Phone: +33 1 70 98 78 88
Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
Via Teatro Greco, 59, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
+39 0942 627 0200
A Texas man fishing in the Gulf of Mexico has died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria commonly found in coastal waters where oysters live, health officials said.
The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District said Tuesday that the elderly patient was “wade fishing” with open wounds before begin transported to an area hospital with “severe leg pain and classic signs” of a Vibrio bacterial infection…..